Sara R. Carroll
Sara has been a partner at Kerr Robichaux & Carroll since 2018. Sara's down-to-earth nature and work ethic are two of her strongest strengths. She utilizes them to help people in their time of need. Understanding the rules is just as essential to Sara as knowing how to use them to her clients’ advantage. She has a knack for making the complex regulations of Social Security work for her clients.
She enjoys questioning Social Security's so-called "experts" at hearings. She holds them accountable by ensuring that they are familiar with her clients' medical history and giving realistic testimony.
Having the opportunity to meet so many inspirational clients is the key to her personal success. Sara defends every client that walks through the door as if they were her own family. Their experiences motivate her to keep fighting, since Social Security benefits may mean the difference between life and death for many people.
- Juris Doctor, 2011, Charleston School of Law
- B.A. in English and Professional Writing, 2006, Appalachian State University
- Oregon State Bar, 2014
- VA Accreditation
- Multnomah County Bar Association, 2021
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS), 2021
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION PRESENTATIONS
- Pushing the Limits: Getting a Win out of Medical Experts, speakers Kevin Kerr & Sara Carroll (neé Smith), Fall 2018, San Francisco
- Gotcha: Building your Case for Appeal Based on Vocational Issues, speakers Kevin Kerr & Sara Carroll (neé Smith), Fall 2019, New Orleans
- Be Practical: Dealing with Step 4 In Real Life, speakers Kevin Kerr & Sara Carroll (neé Smith), Fall 2020, virtual conference
- How to Succeed at the Appeals Council Without Really Trying, speakers Kevin Kerr & Sara Carroll (neé Smith), Spring 2021, virtual conference
Sara enjoys staying active and being outdoors. Her favorite pastimes include traveling, exploring nature, cooking, gardening, reading, rafting, floating, fishing, snorkeling, and riding roller coasters.
At Kerr Robichaux & Carroll, we know the significant impact that receiving disability benefits can have on our clients' lives. This is why our practice is devoted to one thing: maximizing benefits for every client.
The VA makes it difficult for disabled veterans to obtain the assistance they require. Our firm has the resources, reputation, and experience necessary to take on the VA and win.
We understand the burden of student debt, especially for those with disabilities who struggle with ongoing medical expenses. This is why we've made it our mission to fight for your financial security.
Our experienced Medicare advisors will help you understand the various options available to you so that you can make an informed, confident decision based on what's best for you and your family.