Kevin S. Kerr
Since 2009, Kevin S. Kerr has worked with Merrill Schneider and the predecessor businesses, Schneider Law Offices and Schneider Kerr Law Offices, in the area of Social Security Disability law. He has appeared in over 3,000 Social Security Administrative Law Judge hearings and has handled hundreds of Federal Court appeals, focused on aggressively obtaining the greatest amount of back pay for his clients.
In 2014, he was also accredited to represent Veterans on Compensation and Pension claims, and he considers advocating for Veterans to be the most satisfying element of his work. He regularly gives Continuing Legal Education workshops on Social Security advocacy.
- Juris Doctor, 2007, Lewis & Clark School of Law
- B.A. in Psychology, 2002, Truman State University
- Oregon State Bar, 2008
- State of Washington, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- VA Accreditation, 2014
- Member of the Board of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, Ninth Circuit representative
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION PRESENTATIONS
- A Second Bite at the Apple: Administrative Res Judicata - presented at the 2022 NOSSCR Conference in Austin, TX, with Sara Rose Carroll
- How to Succeed at the Appeals Council Without Really Trying – presented at the NOSSCR 2021 Virtual Conference, with Sara Rose Carroll (neé Smith).
- Be Practical: Dealing with Step 4 in Real Life – presented at the NOSSCR Fall 2020 Virtual Conference, with Sara Rose Carroll (neé Smith).
- Gotcha: Building Your Case for Appeal Based on Vocational Issues - presented at the 2019 NOSSCR Conference in New Orleans, LA, with Sara Rose Carroll (neé Smith).
- Pushing the Limit: Getting a Win Out of Medical Experts – presented at the 2018 NOSSCR Conference in San Francisco, CA, with Sara Rose Carroll (neé Smith).
- Preparing for Medical Expert Testimony: Hearing Level Practice and Appellate Issues – presented at the Oregon State Bar Social Security Disability Recent Trends and Tips CLE in Tigard, OR on June 1, 2018.
- Examining the OGC Complaint – presented at the American Association for Justice Social Security Success Seminar in Las Vegas, NV on March 17, 2016.
In 2004, Kevin relocated to Portland from Chicago. He's still a fan of the Chicago White Sox, but he's also a fan of the Trailblazers, Seahawks, Timbers, and Thorns. Camping, hiking, and kayaking are some of his favorite ways to enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Pacific Northwest. He also participates in triathlons, coaches soccer, works on pinball machines, and volunteers at St. Philip Neri Church in SE Portland.
At Kerr Robichaux & Carroll, we know the significant impact that receiving disability benefits can have on our clients' lives. This is why our practice is devoted to one thing: maximizing benefits for every client.
The VA makes it difficult for disabled veterans to obtain the assistance they require. Our firm has the resources, reputation, and experience necessary to take on the VA and win.
We understand the burden of student debt, especially for those with disabilities who struggle with ongoing medical expenses. This is why we've made it our mission to fight for your financial security.
Our experienced Medicare advisors will help you understand the various options available to you so that you can make an informed, confident decision based on what's best for you and your family.